Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sept 3 2014 19th Birthday

This week has gone by so fast, as of today me and my district have now been in the MTC longer than anyone else here. We will be the veterans of the MTC until we leave at the end of this month. I am still not sure when my leave date actually is on packages, letters, and dearelders it keeps switching from Sep29 to Oct01 I get my travel plans next friday though so I will be able to tell you then. Thank you so much for the packages, I got them yesterday at lunch but I shaved that morning so I won't be able to try out the electric razor for a couple more days... ok more like a week. I feel like I have learned so much in just a month but rumor has it that most people feel like they know so much when they leave the MTC, then they get to Russia and can't understand what anybody is saying. One of our teachers says it took her about 5 months in the mission field to get to where she knew 90% of what the natives said to her. This morning I woke up to all the elders in my class sneaking into my room with the intent to spray me with silly string as a surprise birthday thing. I was wearing earplugs and still woke up because of the light that came in when they opened the door, so they decided to spray Van Quill instead then run away. Van Quill got this calender thing where it has a bubble for every day of your mission, and you put a sticker on the day when it ends. the bubbles spell out "Called To Serve" in big letters. So he had to catch up to where we are now and it didn't even finish the first "C" kind of puts in in perspective how long this really is going to be. I can't wait to head out to Russia though. Thank you all for all the happy birthday emails! it really means a lot when that's all I get to hear from everyone. I'll try to send pictures after dinner! Oodachi Vam :) 

 oh and put on the blog please. Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes on Facebook I will reply to any personal messages in 1 year and 11 months







No comments:

Post a Comment